The relationship between interconnect billing and roaming processes is likely to become much more closely aligned, as requirements for interconnectivity, interoperability and settlement converge to create unified processes, enabling exchanges of service validation, delivery and billing information between CSPs and across technologies. This requirement extends to encompass the processing and handling of all financial obligations between parties, for interconnect billing, roaming and content traffic. This is an exciting development which aligns interconnect and content settlement and moves these processes towards a much more dynamic hub based exchange model, closer to existing roaming hub models.
In the same way that a roaming hub connects multiple operators, removing the need for multiple bi-lateral agreements, so this model can be extended to incorporate interconnect billing, with a roaming and interconnection hub, combining real-time routing with steering of roaming for dynamic trading and routing combining roaming traffic with interconnect routing decisions.
MACH realizes this vision with M Clear, aligning interconnect billing, roaming and content partner settlement, by combining all these process into a comprehensive Wholesale Partner Management platform, supported by common B.I. and financial settlement capabilities.
Using M Clear CSPs can dramatically reduce their costs through consideration of a cloud enabled approach to wholesale partner management, while reducing the risks often associated with lengthy software implementation and integration projects. With a cloud based approach there are no upgrades, ancillary software or hardware procurement requirements etc, so these additional concerns are removed.
MACH’s strategic vision is moving in the direction of a combined Interconnect/Roaming/Content Settlement hub model, with options for dynamic traffic trading and routing decisions that combine steering of roaming with optimal routing strategies. As the industry evolves towards LTE, the additional requirements associated with LTE roaming, IP based interconnection and new data and content services form an integral part of MACH’s roadmap.
M Clear provides an integrated and cost effective solution integrating all aspects of wholesale partner management.
- Roaming – comprehensive data clearing services combined with a range of value added roaming services.
- Interconnect Billing – combines billing and reconciliation of interconnect traffic with roaming margin analysis and reconciliation.
- Integrated Financial Settlement for roaming, interconnect and content revenue streams.
- Content Partner Management – lets you integrate your digital content partners into a unified value chain.
- Trading & Routing –buy/sell capacity and route your traffic cost effectively. Also aligning routing with steering of roaming for better cost control of your roaming traffic.
- Common Business Intelligence & Reporting – ensures you have a complete view across your wholesale processes.
- Comprehensive Wholesale Revenue Assurance reconciliation processes and checks.
Need a definition?