MACH combines Interconnect Billing, Revenue Reconciliation and Fraud Protection to provide a cost effective, cloud based approach for interconnect assurance, with a focus on system quality, error rate reduction and margin management. With MACH you benefit from a low-cost, low risk, future proof, high quality solution to manage Interconnect billing and settlement, with measurable cost and quality improvements compared with in-house or merchant software based alternatives.
TOP REASONS TO OUTSOURCE
- Cost of Ownership: The managed service provides you the lowest cost of ownership with optimal cash flow.
- Save Time: No lengthy and risky implementation projects, no upgrades to worry about – leaving you free to focus on managing your interconnect business, while we manage the processes for you.
- Reduced Operational Expenditure: No need to maintain or train staff or be dependent on headcounts.
- Quality: Both in terms of latest technology and industry benchmark.
- No Hardware: No worries about upgrades if you have no hardware or software to run.
- Scalability: We perform 200 billion transaction activities per month and serve over 650 operators.
- Service: A dedicated 24/7 expert team provides services and support functions in several languages.
Interconnect billing can typically generate between 30% - 60% of overall revenues for some network operators and can also account for up to 30% of operating costs (rising to 70% of operating costs for certain types of operator or carrier). Your Interconnect Billing system may only generate a small number of bills, but each bill carries a high value. This means the billing process has to be accurate, with no room for revenue leakage. In this environment a potential interconnect fraud attack can generate significant financial loss.
Given the costs associated with managing an in-house system, Interconnect billing and settlement are key areas for cost control and process optimization. Industry studies indicate that revenue assurance leakage and loss due to interconnect specific frauds continue to increase, hence the need to invest in a solution to help assure interconnect revenue and margins.
The Managed Service Approach
MACH provides a comprehensive, cloud based interconnect assurance solution, comprising billing, revenue assurance and fraud protection, supported by options for financial settlement, trading and optimal routing. You benefit from dedicated service support, system maintenance, reference data management and CDR error investigations and corrections.
The MACH service includes:
- Establishing, managing and maintaining all reference data
- Data formatting, rating, discounting and billing
- Investigating and correcting error records
- Creating accurate monthly financial statements for all interconnect partners
- Managing all traffic types and call cases
- Revenue assurance and reconciliation
- Interconnect fraud protection
- Access to online data warehouse and reporting
- Options for mediation, trading, optimal routing and financial settlement
With MACH there are no risky and expensive system upgrades, as we manage system configuration and data processing on your behalf, for any service – saving you time, effort and significant cost and supporting extensive additional services in the form of rating, storage, data retrieval options and re-processing requirements.
With interconnect billing, it is generally accepted that, on average, the level of un-reconciled CDRs can reach up to 5% each month for many operators. MACH’s interconnect reconciliation, together with very low error rates and re-work rates help to minimize financial risks – another strong justification for letting us manage your interconnect billing processes.